Community

Why does the media have “No Angle” when it comes to reporting LGBT attacks and violations?

It is a popular notion that the only thing required for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing. This is the case when it comes to reporting LGBT attacks and violations in Nigeria. As seen with a recent attack on 2 perceived gay men in Imo state, acclaimed news sites like… Read More Why does the media have “No Angle” when it comes to reporting LGBT attacks and violations?

Nele's Thoughts

Eighteen Things I Did Before I Turned Eighteen: An Alternative Spin To Growing Up Gay In Nigeria

*Found myself in the most organic way possible, like I playfully kissed a boy at a birthday party in his house, and everyone clapped, cheered, and basically found it adorably funny. *Grew up with that memory, not as a chanced mystery never to be forgotten, but a medley of the unperturbed budding of my soul.… Read More Eighteen Things I Did Before I Turned Eighteen: An Alternative Spin To Growing Up Gay In Nigeria

Community, News

IGLTA Foundation Announces 2018 Conference Scholarship Recipients

The IGLTA Foundation announced today the recipients of this year’s conference scholarships for the International Gay & Lesbian Travel Association’s Annual Global Convention (9-12 May, Toronto). IGLTAF’s scholarship program was created to support the next generation of LGBTQ travel professionals (and allies). Convention scholarships are awarded to small travel business owners in emerging markets and… Read More IGLTA Foundation Announces 2018 Conference Scholarship Recipients

Community, News, Politics

How Africans are responding to the Global Conversation on LGBT Rights

Last week, we reported that Theresa May told 53 leaders of various commonwealth states at their annual summit, that she “deeply regrets” the laws adding that it is is time to overhaul “outdated”, colonial-era legislation that treats members of the LGBT community as criminals. This has increased the conversation regarding LGBT rights across the continent.… Read More How Africans are responding to the Global Conversation on LGBT Rights

Community, News, Politics

Theresa May ‘deeply regrets’ the UK’s anti-gay colonial laws

Following various petitions and protests from many groups urging the British Prime Minister to apologise for the UK’s anti-gay colonial laws, Theresa May told 53 leaders of various commonwealth states at their annual summit, that she “deeply regrets” the laws. May said the laws were wrong then and are wrong now. They were passed during… Read More Theresa May ‘deeply regrets’ the UK’s anti-gay colonial laws

Community, News

Activists from North Africa and the Middle East share their stories in ‘No Longer Alone’

The Human Rights Watch and the Arab Foundation for Freedoms and Equality have released a new video series titled ‘No Longer Alone.’ It features LGBT activists in Arabic speaking countries speaking on their journey to self acceptance how they build their movements. Be inspired.   The video series is accompanied by a new 75-page report by… Read More Activists from North Africa and the Middle East share their stories in ‘No Longer Alone’